Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Swim..swim..swim

After learning breathing technique, bubbling and all sorts, I was pretty excited to continue with the exercise on my own. Once I deposited my kids for their tuition class at 8pm, off I went to the swimming pool with my gears.
I dipped my head in the pool, trying to hold my breath and release it slowly. It feels great but once I emerged my head out of the pool, there was a sudden rush in my head. I felt like being hit by train. And I have this massive headache. Feels like someone hit my head with a hammer continuously. I rest by the poolside for awhile and it seems to slowly fade away. Then I continue with paddling exercise. After 30 mins (well it seems like forever) I'm out of breath. Went back, took a shower and the massive headache return. Now I can't even open my eyes.
Next morning, still feeling the same, I went and see a GP. She explain due to my flu (which I took lightly given that I'm an adult and flu shouldn't be a problem) the pressure is built up from my nose up to my head. Hence when I go for a swim, it sort of made it worst thus the massive headache.
She gave me some flu table, pain killer, muscle relaxant and an MC for the day. Went back home took all the medicines and I slept the whole day through. The worst part is everytime I shower and when the water hit my head, the headache keeps coming back. After 3 days of medication and a goon night sleep (all this while I keep on waking up at the middle of night), I finally feel better. And I can't wait to continue with my swimming lesson this coming Sunday.

0 comments: