Thursday, March 24, 2011

Jumping Jack and Swollen Ankle

After two and half months, I have finally managed to squeeze in sometime to exercise. To convince my innerself this is what I must do in order to be healthy again. The long overdue task, my personal goal. Following the routine of kickboxing from an exercise dvd that I bought last year which I normally followed on weekly basis until there is a point of time where I'm down with fever for 4 days due to strenuous exercise and lack of rest.
There I go warming up before the cardio routine started. Stretching my body and getting ready for the heart pumping routine. Everything seems so good, all the steps are followed duly and I started sweating profusely and it feels healthy. After 30 min, suddenly I heard a sound and I found myself lying on the floor. I tripped while doing jumping jack and hurt my ankle. The pain is unbearable and immediately my thought flying to the freezer in the kitchen.
Nope I wasn't thinking about food!. I was thinking about getting ice cube for my ankle.
Ignoring the throbbing pain, I limped to the kitchen to get the ice and started dabbing it onto my ankle. It stings but I guess it work because next morning my ankle is not badly swollen and there is no bruises.
The only evidence that I have for the sprained ankle is a huge and round bump at my ankle. I can still walk but on a slow mode and I'm having difficulty to climb up or down the stairs.Off I went to see the doctor, he said, nothing is broken except for the torn muscle.
Lucky for me?....mmmmm maybe. Always look at the positive side. At least I can still walk and drive the car but no jumping for the time being.

0 comments: