Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Dried Kurma Chicken


I wanted to cook something simple due to the time constraint hence when I went through the internet I saw this recipe but it calls for squid but since what I have defrosted are chicken cubes so chicken cubes it is. Got these chicken cubes from Tesco Kajang and it looks pretty enough to be eaten so I grabbed 1/2 a kilo for me.

Ingredients :

1/2 kilo chicken cubes or you can use small chicken cutlets
1 large onion, slice
2 green chillies, halve but I don't have it at that time so I didn't put it in
2 tomatoes, slice into wedges

Mixed with a bit of water to make a thick gravy
2 tbs kurma powder
3 tbs sweet soy sauce
2 tbs dark soy sauce but I don't have it at that moment so I didn't put it in
2 tbs oyster sauce
3 tbs tomato sauce


Pounded
3 garlic gloves
5 shallots
2 cm ginger
5 dried chillies - soak and cut into small pieces so we can pound it easily

salt and pepper to taste

Method

Heat oil in wok. Sautéed pounded ingredients until fragrant. Add the mixed sauce and chicken. Make sure the chickens are all covered with the sauces then cover until the chickens are tender.
Add green chillies, onion and tomatoes and stir for 2 mins.
Season with salt and pepper. Simmer until the sauce thicken.
Remove from heat and serve with hot rice.

0 comments: